In Episode 2318 of The Survival Podcast, homeschooling experts Mike and Sue Laprise - as well as show host Jack Spirko - discuss career planning for teenagers. This is an excellent audio segment for anybody with children approaching an age where they will be considering going to college and/or starting a career, regardless of whether they are even homeschooled.
- Learning the value of earning a living
- Getting hands-on experience in various industries
- Choosing between college, a trade, and a business
- Discovering passion and deciding if it is worth making it a career or making it a hobby
- Taking college credits at age 16 is sometimes free
To listen to the podcast segment in full, follow the link above and fast forward 48 minutes into the show.
Resources from this Episode
About the Author
The Survival Podcast
The Survival Podcast is a daily online audio show by Jack Spirko about self-sufficiency and self-reliance in the modern world. Naturally, homeschooling is but one form of the family becoming more self-reliant. The topic of homeschooling is occasionally given an entire episode, but more often than not, homeschooling veterans Mike and Sue Laprise of Halo by Sue often field listener questions about homeschooling on the weekly "Experts Council" show.